Federal Income Guideline
Sunday, October 11, 2009

Applications forms are available at the Shabazz Business Office. To apply for free or reduced price meals, households should fill out the form and return it to the school. The households should answer all questions on the form.

NON FOOD STAMP HOUSEHOLDS: An application which does not contain the following information cannot be processed by the school:
1). The total income by source for each household member (such as wages, child support, etc.)
2). The names of all household members
3). Social security number of the adult household member who signs the application
4). The signature of an household member

FOOD STAMP/FIP/FRPIR HOUSEHOLDS: If you currently receive Food Stamps, Family Independence Program or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservation benefits for your child , you only have to list your child's name and Food Stamp or FIP/FDPIR case number and sign the application.

The information provided by the household is confidential and will be used only for the purpose of determining eligibility, verifying data, or qualifying children for other state programs, as authorized by the United States of Agriculture. The school or other officials may verify application at any time during the school year.

Household may apply for benefits at any time during the school year. If a household is not currently eligible but has a decrease in income, an increase in household size or if a household member becomes unemployed, the household should fill out an application.

In most cases, foster children are eligible for these benefits regardless of household's income. If a household has foster children living with them and they wish to apply for free or reduced meals for them, the household should contact the school for more information.

Under the provisions of the policy, a member of the Food Service Department, 1028 W. Barnes Ave., Lansing, MI 48910, 517-267-8474 will review applications and determine eligibility.

Parents or guardians dissatisfied with the ruling of the official may wish to discuss the decision with the determining official on an informal basis. The household also has the right to a fair hearing. The can be done by writing or calling the following official: Dr. Eugene Cain. 1028 W. Barnes Ave., Lansing, MI 48910, 517-267-8474.


Would you like to e-mail us?  Have a press release or story idea?  Questions about obituaries?  Send us your questions and comments to:




Click here for regular advertising rates!!!

 Check out TNCP's Birthday Advertising!!!!

Custom-embroidered logo shirts and apparel by Queensboro

Support our advertisers. Follow the link to their site:

Greater Lansing Convention & Visitors Bureau