|News Spotlight: CATA SERVICE CHANGES FOR THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Lansing, MI—In observance of Thanksgiving Day, the Capital Area Transportation Authority (CATA) will conclude all MSU campus bus service at 11:30PM on Wednesday, November 24, 2010. All other CATA routes and services will conclude at their regular time on Wednesday.
CATA services-- regular fixed-route (including Entertainment Express), Spec-Tran and Rural Service-- will not operate on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 25th. The CATA administrative offices will also be closed for the holiday; however, the Spec-Tran office will take telephone reservations on Thanksgiving Day, between 8AM and 5PM, for rides needed after the November 25th holiday. The Spec-Tran number is 394-CATA (2282).
On Friday, November 26th:
· The Night Owl will resume service on the campus of MSU at its regular start time of 2AM and will operate until 9AM Friday morning.
· Routes 32, 34, 35, 36 and the Lot Link will follow the weekend timetables with service to MSU’s campus starting at 9AM.
· Routes 30, 31, 33 and 39 will not operate on the MSU campus.
· Route 26 Abbot/Chandler will operate less often on Friday, with buses running every 40 minutes instead of every 15 minutes. Service will conclude at the regular time of 11:15 PM with the last bus departing campus at 10:40 PM. Route 26 Friday Late Night service to the downtown East Lansing area will not operate. Route 26 will resume regular service on Saturday, November 27th.
· All other CATA routes and services (including Entertainment Express) will operate their regular Friday schedules.
For more information, contact CATA Customer Service Representatives at email@example.com or 517.394.1000 weekdays from 7AM until 7PM and weekends from 9AM to 5PM.