Sweet Potato Bread
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 eggs (room temperature)
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 cups sweet potato (oven roasted until caramelized and mashed)
1/2 cup pecans (chopped)
1. Mix the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.
2. Cream the butter and brown sugar in another bowl.
3. Stir the honey, eggs, buttermilk and sweet potato into the butter and sugar.
4. Stir the sweet potato mixture into the flour mixture.
5. Stir in the pecans.
6. Pour the batter into a 9x5 inch greased loaf pan.
7. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until a tooth pick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
8. Pour the praline sauce on and and let cool.
3/4 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup pecans (roasted and chopped)
1 cups powered sugar
2 tablespoons water
1. Cook the butter and brown sugar in a sauce pan until caramelized, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the pecans.
3. Pour the mixture into a bowl and let cool.
4. Mix the powdered sugar into the water.
5. Break up the praline mixture.
6. Mix the praline and sugar water together until dissolved.
Pour sauce over slices of sweet potato bread.
"Comfort Food for the Mind, Body, and Soul" is also available in all Barnes and Noble AND Books-a-Million Stores!*If you don't see it on the shelf, order it at the service desk today!
ISBN-10: 0615453724Publisher: Southern Hospitality