By Sharon Fox
1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil (1/2 teaspoon dried basil if you don’t have fresh, but I really recommend the fresh)
1/2 cup chopped cooked chicken *optional
1 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
Fresh grated parmesan cheese for garnish
1. Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine 4 tablespoons melted butter with 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley. Brush this mixture over each flatbread.
3. Top each flatbread with about 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
4. Season grape tomatoes with a bit of salt and pepper and divide them evenly among the flat breads.
5. Sprinkle fresh basil on top.
6. Top with cooked chopped chicken if you wish.
7. Place in the oven for around 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
8. Sprinkle freshly grated parmesan cheese over the top, cut into pieces and serve.
9. Yields 4 flatbreads.
Sharon Fox is the author of 2 top selling cookbooks, COMFORT FOOD for the Mind, Body, and Soul and HEALTHY FOOD for Diabetes, Celiac Disease, and You! In November 2014 she released her first weekly devotional/journal that is taking the world by storm: HIS PEARL I AM...a work in progress.
You may order her books through www.amazon.com. Contact her directly at AuthorSharonFox@gmail.com
This was printed in the May 17, 2015 - May 30 edition.