Recipe Serves: 8
Recipe Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
• 6 large sweet potatoes – peeled and cubed
• 2 cups whole milk plain yogurt
• 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
• 3 tablespoons butter – unsalted
• 2 teaspoons orange zest
• 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
• 1/2teaspoon pepper
1. Place sweet potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer until potatoes are fork tender, 7-9 minutes. Strain potatoes and set aside to cool slightly.
2. Add all remaining ingredients to a food processor (yogurt through pepper) as well as the strained sweet potatoes. Pulse on high until smooth and creamy.
3. Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly before serving.
Recipe created by Liz of The Lemon Bowl.Published on Milk Means More - United Dairy Industry of Michigan (http://www.milkmeansmore.org)
This column was printed in the November 1, 2015 - November 14, 2015 edition.