Recipe Serves: 4
Recipe Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1/2 cup finely diced onion
• 1 garlic clove, finely diced
• 2 cups peeled and diced sweet potatoes
• 1 tablespoon flour
• 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
• 1 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary
• 1/4 cup heavy cream
• 8 ounces imitation crab meat, cut into bite sized pieces
Instructions: In a Dutch oven or large pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the sweet potatoes and cook for another 5 minutes. Sprinkle the vegetables with the flour and stir until it's completely absorbed.
Add the broth and rosemary and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover the pot, and cook for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
Stir in the cream and crab meat and allow the chowder to heat up again. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe by Sarah Bates of The Chef Next Door
Published on Milk Means More - United Dairy Industry of Michigan (http://www.
This was printed in the April 3, 2016 - April 16, 2016 edition.