Now you can have tacos for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
Photo by Kendra McKnight
By America’s Test Kitchen
Simple Breakfast Tacos
Serves 2 to 4
- 4 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1 slice bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 scallion, sliced thin
- 4 (6-inch) flour or corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup tomato salsa (jarred or homemade)
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, salt and pepper until well combined and uniform yellow color, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally with a rubber spatula until crispy, about 4 minutes.
- Stir scallion into skillet and cook until just softened, about 1 minute.
- Add eggs to skillet and gently stir, scraping bottom of skillet, until eggs have clumped and are still slightly wet, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn off heat and slide skillet to cool burner.
- Stack tortillas on a plate, cover with a damp dish towel, and heat in the microwave until warm, about 20 seconds.
- Divide egg mixture among warm tortillas. Serve with salsa, cheese and lime wedges.
For 25 years, home cooks have relied on America’s Test Kitchen recipes developed by professional test cooks and vetted by 60,000 recipe testers. americastestkitchen.com/TCA.